In the evenings, at the best time to see the Aurora Borealis we organise reindeer safaris. We will pick you up from your accommodation and take you about 20 kilometres away from the Rovaniemi City center (Lapland, Finland) to a place called Porovaara (Reindeer Fjell / Mount). We will take a reindeer ride of 30 min through the dark and snowy wilderness. The ride will finish at a warm Kota, where you can grill sausage by the fire and taste some lovely, hot juice. Kota is at an excellent place to see the Aurora Borealis / Northern Lights; it is on top of a hill that next to the Kemijoki river. The views open towards North and Northern sky where the Auroras mainly occur. There is also a special stand next to the Kota. On the stand you can look and take photos of the Northern lights.
After the reindeer ride and snacks by the fire we will visit a fenced area where dozens of reindeer live and pasture in the winter. Everyone can try and feed the reindeer some lichen. Lichen is their favourite food and some of them cannot resist it but will do anything to get a piece of it.
– duration: about 3 hours
– starting/pick up: 20.00 a ‘clock from Rovaniemi town
– prices: Child 98 € & Adults 146 €
– including snacks by the fire, guide (ENG/FIN), visit to the reindeer fence, transportation on the spot and back. (Please, ask for the price if you will use own transportation to get there)
– available: 15th of November until 15th of April
– bookings: email@example.com
VIDEO: Northern Lights safari with Reindeer in Mount Porovaara in Rovaniemi (Lapland, Finland)